Saturday, April 9, 2011

Miracle

God has been protecting us on this trip!!!  Thursday night Adam and I went to a couple's house for dinner and it was pouring rain.  The street is very narrow and when we got out of the vehicle to enter there house we noticed there was no door bell and we were getting soaked so we ran  back into the truck and i texted to let them know we are there and to open the gate so we ran out of the truck to enter.  Friday after being at Bucana working with the children Adam dropped me off at Barb and Fred's house to help set up for the couple's cell group we are now leading and he had to go to the dentist.  After two hours Adam had not yet came back so i looked for my cell phone in my purse to text him to see if he was ok and I couldn't find my phone. So i was praying I left it at home but couldn't remember if I took it out of my purse at home.  So the couples meeting started and I asked Adam when he returned if he remembered where i put my phone and couldn't but a little later on Barb's cell phone rang and it said Ashley. So my heart dropped my cell phone was in someone's hands.  At that point we didn't know if it was stolen or if I dropped it.  But the only place i was friday was at Bucana so we were afraid one of the kids took it.  Anyway we involved Pastor Johnny and Tata so they started calling my cell phone to talk to the lady who called barb's cell.  They were in their house while we were still recieving calls on Adam's cell or barb's from the lady.  She started to ask for me by name she wanted to nagotiate so we all thought it really had to be at Bucana.  Well Tata and Pastor Johnny came to Barbs house so that they could talk with the Lady who had my cell and so I could talk with her as well.  We found out after she asked alot of questions us that when we were saying Bucana she didn't think it was my phone because she never was near Bucana.  She was trying to get the real story on my phone before she would give it back because she thought i thought she stole it and she didn't want to get into trouble. The true story came out and realized that I dropped my cell phone without knowing and her brother who is a tricycle driver found it at the couple's house Thursday night. He really liked my blackberry so he took his cell phone to a pawn shop and sold it so he could have mine. He was using my post paid sim card and everything.  When his sister found out what he did she got convicted and that is why she started to call my contacts to find the owner and talk with that person.  She asked for me to give them the amount money his brother got from the pawn shop for his cell phone(that he already spent) so that he could get his cell phone back now that she is giving my cell phone back to me.  It was so amazing. So Pastory johnny took us to meet this lady and we only gave 1100 peso which is $25 and got my cell phone back.. Normally when your cell phone is stolen or you lose it you never get it back and it would have cost me alot more money to replace it.  God did an amazing miracle that night. It really strengthens my faith and Trust in Him!  We first thought it was stolen cuz that is very common here but ended up i dropped it!  Silly me!
Just thought it would be great for you to hear a great God story to demonstrate that God is still God and in control of all circumstances.

As well Adam had to go to the dentist this week because on Thursday he woke up with a big chunk out of his bottom left side back molar.  The dentist had to reconstruct his tooth.  It only cost us $85 in total. Amazing.  He had a filling on that tooth before and another cavity was growing and decayed the tooth which caused part of old filling to break off hence the chunk missing.  The dentist had to dig deeper to get rid of the new cavity as well.  It took over 2 1/2 hours to finish and ended up going back on saturday to have it filed down a little more. But all is good now!!  So that has been our adventures this week!!

many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment