Monday, April 16, 2012

Arrived safely

Just wanted to give a quick note to let you know that we have arrived safely in the Philippines! We only had issues at the beginning of the travel. We had 5 suitcases to check in but when we got to the airport the man at the check in counter said that one of our suitcases was small enough to be a carry on so we didn't have to pay for the extra baggage that sounded good to us but we were not thinking of what was in it. so when we went through security we remembered we had alot of big bottles of shampoo, body wash, adams shaving cream and maple syrup that we were bringing back as gifts. the security gaurd told us to go back and check it in but we only had 45 mins to departure but Adam tried. it was too late so he had to throw away the bottles to get through security with the bag. When he got through cutoms and security again we got paged overhead because it was 1030 and the doors were closing. I had waited for adam at the security place because we had two bags already and I had injured my arm two days before leaving so i couldn't carry both bags. So we had a home alone experience running through the airport. It was quite sad losing those things but we had to be reminded that God is in control and had a reason. God is bigger than the problems we are faced with. The rest of the way went very smoothly!! During the flight we were struggling in missing our family and our friends, it was harder to leave this time. But we remember Pastor Fred saying that God gives you grace to be where He is sending you so we prayed for the grace. When we arrived in Manila I felt a peace I hadn't felt through the whole travel and I was happy to be back. We still miss everyone terribly but we feel the Grace. Today which is monday Barb had planned a welcome lunch with our community development team and Pastor Johnny and his family to come over and visit with us. That was very nice and we were able to share what God was doing in Canada while we were back. They really make you feel welcomed and loved during the time of missing home. If you could continue to pray for healing of my Arm I am still in terrible pain. I have a pinched a nerve in my base of my neck and shoulder which is causing numbness and burning pain all down my arm and it is cutting my cicrulation in my hand. This is the same arm that I injured 4 years ago when i was working at lindsay hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment